Building the future
Corte Bella Vets was officially formed in April 2014 with an initial membership of 25 Veterans. We welcome anyone interested in helping veterans in Arizona. You DO NOT need to be a veteran.
Our goal: We want to foster camaraderie and undertake charitable efforts to assist veterans and promote patriotism within our community.
- We meet at 4:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month. Our business meetings are held in January, April, September and November when we have an agenda, follow our by-laws, provide opportunities to learn more about veteran issues and our surroundings. During the other eight months we have socials that promote friendship, listen to individual stories, and encourage a willingness to help each other as needed.
- We raise flags around the Corte Bella Circle to honor our nations holidays, including President’s Day, Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Patriot Day, Veteran’s Day, and Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- We sponsor an annual Golf Tournament and host our Veterans Day Dinner Dance with a focus on bringing in funds to help veteran charities in Arizona.
- We provide logistic support for the Angel Tree Program that takes place in November/December of each year with Sundome Plaza Merchants. We gather gifts specific to veteran needs that are wrapped and taken to various veteran homes, homeless shelters, and hospitals to ensure veterans are given a gift during the holidays.
- We are considered a “go-to” charity for the local Veteran Administration Conselors to provide immediate assistance to veterans that have been vetted and need a “hand up” for an unexpected expense.
- We have provided over $480,000 in support of veteran charities, helping individual veterans, and providing needed support to charities that have minimal overhead costs.
- The Corte Bella Vets is a 501 (c) (3) public charity, Tax ID # 47-2784238.